Those businesses which seek to provide Location Based Services (LBS) for social media and networking need to consider some facts. These will enable such companies to maximize their out put with mobile strategies. This is where Socialpda ensures availability and accessibility by taking the following into account.
1. Location is not the only Factor for LBS: The first priority for companies working on mobile services for social networking should be their services. The main challenge is to offer mobile services which have high customer satisfaction before its availability can be worth the while for customers. Once the services are good, customers will not make location a limitation. Additionally, ensuring availability of services regardless of location will become much easier for companies.
2. Local User Adoption and Marketing: Companies offering mobile services for social networking need to focus on local user adoption and marketing strategies. When it comes to advertising using mobile services you need an estimate of the number of locals to target. Campaigns for marketing are mainly geo targeted and therefore having the right estimate about the number of people targeted is very important.
When it comes to advertising the most important aspect of LBS is to target a large number of audiences using mobile services and succeeding with more than 50% percent. Knowing the number of audience marketers will get to access is very important. This helps mobile companies know which location to target for marketing.
3. Battery Life Matters: LBS are dependent upon battery life. It is important to bear in mind that GPS is what keeps updated information on the user’s location on the network. The constant feedback from the phone to the GPS is what exhausts the battery faster. Therefore the phone brand and manufacturers matter when it comes to LBS based social media and networking.
4. Location is becoming a Tug or war: In the near future mobile operating services will most likely fight for locations and maps to offer their services. For example some renowned mobile companies have already purchased mapping company Placebase. Additionally, Google (the SEO king) has started providing mapping features on Android devices. Therefore location for LBS will become a tug of war for most mobile companies in the near future. Furthermore, the need to stay updated with the latest is the main demand of users on social media networks. Their need of mobile services and demand for better accessibility keeps growing.
5. Location Based Inventory is important: White Pages is a major source of information for LBS and to promote social networking and media. They are a major requirement for mobile service providers. Recently it was announced by one of the giants of mobile services that iPhone applications now have limitations. They will be restricted from the access to the privilege of advertising alone. Now there is need for customer benefit and functionality to access user location.
Therefore in the near future LBS will be making a lot of money for mobile based social media networking through Socialpda and like sites.